HOMEROOM TEACHER （1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade）
Campus East OCT, Yantian, Shenzhen
Princeton Sky Lake Valley International School
Princeton Forest Kindergarten
Supervisor Elementary Principal
Starting Date November, 2018
Princeton Education & Technology (ShenZhen) Co., Ltd. seeks experienced ESL teachers as 1st, 2nd, 3rd Homeroom Teacher for our Princeton Sky Lake International School in East OCT Shenzhen.
Princeton Sky Lake International School is an boarding elementary school. The school provides children with a safe and comfortable environment as well as encourage them to explore the future. We firmly believe that the attitude we embrace with the opportunities we are facing will determine the future education of our children. Each child is taught to value their own individuality, develop their talents, and begin their path as future world citizens.
Visit our school’s website www.pischool.org to find more information
General Teaching Responsibilities
In addition to the grade level expectations, teachers are expected to:
● Selects appropriate music, books and instructional aids to enhance learning and requisitions musical instruments and instructional supplies as necessary.
● Maintain care/responsibilities for music classroom, school-owned music, musical instruments and equipment to prevent loss or abuse.
●Cooperation with Principal and staff in providing musical programs for school assemblies, open house, concerts, parent meetings and school events.
● Plan and orchestrate several major celebrations each year: December (Winter Celebration for New Year), Talent Show in May/June, and the commencement in July.
● Teach skills in music understanding/appreciation, theory, explorations in music, grade-appropriate instruments, and choral music to students.
● Communication and liaise on a regular basis with fellow team department/grade members with regards to planning, assessment, parent and community contract, subject organization and classroom issues including: discipline, expectations and classroom routines
● Communicate and liaise with other school colleagues in an effort to promote and establish integrative links and/or awareness
● Take an active role in behavioral management and pastoral care of students
● Use a range of strategies to differentials learning where needed
● Attend in-services, faculty meetings, teacher work days, and professional development opportunities.
● Coordinate class activities as deemed necessary
● Maintain up-to-date records of assessment, attendance, planning, reports, conferences, and communication with parents
● Establish links with your parent community to ensure that parents are kept well informed about student progress
● Work as a temporarily substitute teacher when other teacher is absent
● Fulfill all other responsibilities as assigned by the Principal
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in elementary education or closely related field
· Professional teacher education course work in areas of learning process, tests and measurement, educational philosophy, psychology, methods of teaching, etc.
· Experience working with IB curriculum preferable
· Experience with project-based learning, inquiry-based learning, activity-based learning and tablets learning
· Five years of teaching experience in elementary school
· ESOL certificate preferable
· A currently valid teaching license/certificate in Elementary Education. An international teaching license is a plus
· Native speakers of English
· Must qualify for legal Z Visa
· Proven skills in using a variety of positive classroom management techniques
· Strong communication, organization and instructional skills