Elementary and Kindergarten Art Teacher (Toddler-Pre-K and K-Grade 5)
Campus East OCT, Yantian, Shenzhen
Princeton Sky Lake Valley International School
Princeton Forest Kindergarten
Supervisor Elementary Principal
Starting Date Jan or Feb, 2018
Lower Elementary and Children’s Learning Center Art Teacher will be responsible for teaching students in Toddler through Grade 5.
Position is responsible for providing direct instruction in Art. Our art program is designed to foster a lifelong love of art for all students and assist the staff of the school in the improvement and appreciation of art instruction. The teacher will help students develop their creative potentials by using different materials and techniques; as well as develop their visual-spatial intelligence, visual sensitivity, imagination, aesthetic perception and specific art-expressive possibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Art education or closely related field
- Experience working with IB curriculum preferable
- Teaching experience in elementary school
- ESOL certificate preferable
- A currently valid teaching license/certificate preferable
- Native speakers of English
- Must qualify for legal Z Visa
- Proven skills in using a variety of positive classroom management techniques
- Strong communication, organization and instructional skills
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- To plan and implement ART lesson plans for children ages 2-6 yrs. old
- Provide a variety of instructional materials, resources, and experiences to enrich student
- Selects appropriate art books and art supplies as necessary.
- Maintain care/responsibilities for art classroom, school-owned equipment to prevent loss or abuse.
- Cooperation with Director and staff in taking photos for school assemblies, open house, parent meetings and school events.
- Plans and facilitates campus ART SHOW.
- Be responsible for seasonal decoration in Hallway and provide decor suggestion for school events
- Creates weekly lesson plans implementing a wide range of artistic techniques and styles.
- Provides a safe structured environment, using a Positive Discipline.
- Evaluates students’ academic growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school curriculum.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Attend in-services, faculty meetings, teacher work days, and professional development opportunities.
- Work as a temporarily substitute teacher when other teacher is absent
- Fulfill all other responsibilities as assigned by the Director